Best car rentals for under 25 in the USA
If you are a young adventure seeker, renting a car is the best way to fulfill all your travel ambitions - and Rental24h.com is the perfect place to organize a hassle-free rental. We offer reliable and cheap deals anywhere in the USA, making a car rental under 25 accessible to everyone.
According to our data, Miami is the cheapest location for young drivers. The lowest price for Economy cars here is $6 per day, while SUVs are available for a minimum of $23 per day. Search for all available offers and their rates in your desired location by filling out our search form. Also, you can check out the following catalog where we have collected the best deals in the U.S.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in the USA?
In general, you have to be at least 20 years of age to rent a car in USA, but for those who want to rent a car in New York or Michigan State, there is good news: local laws allow the minimum age to rent a car from 18 years old.
If you are 20 years old or older, you can get your rental car from Hertz, Dollar, FOX, or Thrifty. For those who are 21 to 24 years old, there are even more companies that offer their rental services for drivers of such age in the USA. You will be able to rent a car from Advantage, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, National, EZ, Ace, Payless, NU, Firefly, Sixt, etc. So, those who need car rental under age 25 still have a lot of opportunities.
There are exceptions to every rule. If you are even 18, but you are the military or government worker and you are on an official trip, most car rental agencies will be glad to offer you their cars for special government or military rates. Note that government or military car rental under 25 is available in any US state.
Map of car rental age requirements in different US states
The minimum age to drive a rental car in the United States varies from state to state and depends on local laws. For your convenience, we have prepared a map with the minimum legal age to rent a car for each state.
Rental car companies that rent to under 25 in the USA
You can choose from multiple international and local providers. The most popular companies to pick up a car under 25 in the USA are Alamo, Europcar, Dollar, Avis, Firefly, National, Thrifty, Payless and Fox. Many travelers also prefer Sixt, Budget, or Hertz for their outstanding car fleets with BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, and other high-performance vehicles.
If you are not renting a car for the first time, it’s better to stick to a company you have rented from previously. Suppliers offer special loyalty programs for regular customers, which allow you to save money and receive additional bonuses.
Although most providers have approximately the same pricing policy, their fees and rules for young drivers can vary considerably. It is therefore important to review their “Terms and Conditions” section to find the best agency according to your criteria.
If you don’t know which company to choose, pay attention to the statistics and ratings. American renters usually give preference to large international companies such as Enterprise, National, Hertz, Budget, Sixt, Thrifty, Dollar, etc. These providers apply relatively low charges for young drivers and offer competitive rates. You can also take customer ratings into consideration when you rent a car in the USA under 25. With 8.6 points out of 10, Alamo is the best-rated supplier for young renters.
US locations for car rental under 25
With high-quality Highways and Interstates, America is the world's best road trip destination - and under 25 car rental in America gives young drivers the opportunity to experience it for themselves. You can start your journey somewhere in Florida to soak up the gentle sunshine of the south. Orlando, Miami, and Key West open up to you hundreds of miles of entertainment and amazing coastal landscapes.
If you especially like mountain scenery, head to Minnesota or Montana. A leisurely drive up and down the Rocky Mountains by car is an incredible pleasure. For an inspiring travel experience, get to Interstate 15 from Vegas to LA. The road passes through unearthly desert landscapes and ends on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. After that, you can explore the beautiful City of Angels and hit the road to San Francisco.
Whether it's the laid-back west coast, the northern lakes, the relaxed vibes of the south, or the cultural hubs of the east coast, the United States has a lot to offer. Find the best place to rent a car under 25 with Rental24h.com and start planning your trip.
If you're still unsure where to start your ride, check out the list of popular under 25 locations in America in the table below. Keep in mind that you can choose pick-up and drop-off spots which are different from each other. For more information about a particular destination, click on the corresponding line.
- Albany Airport [ALB]
- Albuquerque Airport [ABQ]
- Anchorage Airport [ANC]
- Asheville Airport [AVL]
- Atlanta Airport - Hartsfield [ATL]
- Austin Airport [AUS]
- Baltimore Airport [BWI]
- Birmingham Airport [BHM]
- Boise Airport [BOI]
- Boston Airport [BOS]
- Bozeman Airport [BZN]
- Bradley Intl Airport [BDL]
- Buffalo Airport [BUF]
- Burbank Airport [BUR]
- Charleston Airport [CHS]
- Charlotte Airport [CLT]
- Chicago Midway Airport [MDW]
- Chicago O'hare Airport [ORD]
- Cincinnati Airport [CVG]
- Cleveland Airport [CLE]
- Colorado Springs Airport [COS]
- Dallas Fort Worth Airport [DFW]
- Dallas Love Field Airport [DAL]
- Denver - International Airport [DEN]
- Des Moines Airport [DSM]
- Detroit Airport [DTW]
- El Paso Airport [ELP]
- Fort Lauderdale Airport [FLL]
- Fort Myers Airport [RSW]
- Fort Walton Beach Airport [VPS]
- Fresno Airport [FAT]
- Grand Rapids Airport [GRR]
- Greenville - Spartanburg Airport [GSP]
- Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye Airport [HNL]
- Houston - George Bush Intc Airport [IAH]
- Houston Hobby Airport [HOU]
- Indianapolis Airport [IND]
- Jackson Hole Airport [JAC]
- Jacksonville Int Airport [JAX]
- Kahului Airport Int [OGG]
- Kansas City Airport [MCI]
- Key West Airport [EYW]
- Kona Airport [KOA]
- Las Vegas Airport [LAS]
- Lihue Airport [LIH]
- Little Rock Airport [LIT]
- Long Beach Airport [LGB]
- Los Angeles Airport [LAX]
- Louisville Airport [SDF]
- Mcghee Tyson Airport - Knoxville [TYS]
- Memphis Airport [MEM]
- Miami Airport [MIA]
- Milwaukee Airport [MKE]
- Minneapolis Airport - St Paul International [MSP]
- Myrtle Beach Airport [MYR]
- Nashville International Airport [BNA]
- New Orleans Airport [MSY]
- New York - La Guardia Airport [LGA]
- New York: Jfk International Airport [JFK]
- Newark International Airport New Jersey [EWR]
- Oakland Airport [OAK]
- Oklahoma City Airport [OKC]
- Omaha Airport [OMA]
- Ontario Airport [ONT]
- Orange County - John Wayne Apt [SNA]
- Orlando Airport [MCO]
- Palm Springs Airport [PSP]
- Panama City International Airport [ECP]
- Pensacola Airport [PNS]
- Philadelphia Airport [PHL]
- Phoenix Airport [PHX]
- Phoenix - Mesa Gateway Airport [AZA]
- Pittsburgh International Airport [PIT]
- Port Columbus International Airport - Ohio [CMH]
- Portland - International Airport [PDX]
- Portland International Jetport [PWM]
- Providence Airport [PVD]
- Raleigh Durham Airport [RDU]
- Reno Airport [RNO]
- Richmond International Airport [RIC]
- Sacramento Int'l Airport [SMF]
- Salt Lake City Airport [SLC]
- San Antonio Airport [SAT]
- San Diego Airport [SAN]
- San Francisco Airport [SFO]
- San Jose Airport [SJC]
- Sanford - International Airport [SFB]
- Sarasota Airport [SRQ]
- Savannah Airport [SAV]
- Seattle Airport [SEA]
- Spokane Airport [GEG]
- St. Louis Airport [STL]
- Tampa Airport [TPA]
- Tucson International Airport [TUS]
- Tulsa Airport [TUL]
- Washington Dc Reagan Airport [DCA]
- Washington Dulles Airport [IAD]
- West Palm Beach Airport [PBI]
- Westchester County Airport - White Plains [HPN]
How much does car rental under 25 cost in the USA?
Even where young drivers are allowed to rent a car, the cost of car rental under age 25 will be higher than for older renters.
The lowest price for a rental car in the United States of America under 25 years old is $10 per day or $55 per week, but you will have to pay an additional under age fee that costs $25-30 per day on average. At the same time, the maximum car rental price for drivers under 25 found in the USA is $60 per day and $180 per week.
Moreover, most rental companies do not cooperate with drivers aged 18 to 20 years old. This does not apply only to the states of New York and Michigan. But in these states, the under 25 surcharge can reach additional $40-50 per day.
What is more, some types and classes of rental cars are off-limits for young drivers, in particular, luxury cars, SUVs, vans. There may also be restrictions on cars with powerful engines. How to save? Be sure to compare the rates of different rental companies and check your eligibility for discounts and bonuses.
How to get a rental car under 25 in the USA?
If you are under 25 years old and you want to rent a car, be sure to meet the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old for the states of New York and Michigan - or at least 20 for the rest of the US states.
- Your driver’s license is valid for at least a year and you had no violations related to the deprivation of the right to drive.
- You have a valid bank card, preferably a credit card issued in your name.
- You are ready for the extra costs associated with your young age.
Check the fulfillment of the specified conditions several times. If everything is in order, you can choose a car to rent. You should take the following steps:
STEP 1. SEEK
Find your perfect cheap under 25 car rental in USA with our search engine. Double-check pick-up and return dates and locations, and other options.
STEP 2. BOOK
Read carefully under 25 car rental requirements and enter necessary personal driver’s data and payment details to make a reservation.
STEP 3. COLLECT
During pick-up prepare all necessary documents: a printed voucher, driver’s license, ID card or passport, credit or debit card needed for a deposit.
How much is under 25 car rental fee in the USA?
Because of increased risks for car rental providers, there will be additional costs for car rental in USA for under 25. But the policies of various car rental companies under 25 can vary widely. Additional underage surcharge range from $15 to $42 per day. This amount depends not only on the company but also on location, on the type of car and some other factors.
Basically, these rules apply to drivers 21-24 years old. Unfortunately, drivers 18-20 years old are more limited in their choice, as they can get a rental car mainly in the states of New York and Michigan.
The table below will help you compare the rates and minimum age to rent a car of various car rental companies under 25 and find the best option.
|Company||Minimum Rental Age||Young Driver Fee Under 21 / /per day||Michigan State Surcharge (18 to 20 years old) / /per day||New York Surcharge (18 to 20 years old) / /per day|
|21||$25||No Station in MI||$25|
|19||$20||No Station in MI||$40.00|
|21||$35||No Station in MI||No Station in NY|
|21||$10||No Station in MI||No Station in NY|
|21||$23.99-35.99||No Station in MI||$49|
For renting a car in New York or Michigan State, the minimum age to rent a car is 18 from any car rental company that is presented in these states.
Are there any exceptions to these rules? Yes. If you are a civil or military officer under the age of 25, then you can get your car rental military under 25 in any state avoiding young driver fees by presenting an official order.
Please, note that the surcharge for a young driver is not included in our under 25 car rental rates. You will have to pay for it during pick-up at the rental desk.
Rental vehicle restrictions for drivers under the age of 25
When choosing a car rental class, make sure that it is allowed to rent for someone under 25. Many companies impose certain restrictions. Check out the limitations of some popular under 25 rental car companies:
- Alamo. Large and premium cars cannot be rented to young drivers.
- Avis. If you are 21-24 years of age, you are not permitted to rent luxury cars, minivans, passenger vans, premium SUVs, and Signature Series.
- Budget. Luxury cars, minivans, 12-passenger vans, specialty vehicles, full-size SUVs, and premium SUVs will not be available for car rental for someone under 25. Your additional driver must be at least 25 years old.
- Hertz. The company is more loyal to young drivers, limiting access only to certain classes of expensive cars: Dream Cars, Prestige and Adrenaline collections, and certain specialty cars.
- Silvercar. The company’s car rental fleet consists of only luxury Audi cars and they don’t have any cars off-limit for under 25 drivers. You must be at least 22 years old to rent from them. They also rent their cars to 18-year-olds and older in New York state with a $75/day surcharge.
For more information, check the table below.
|Car Rental Supplier||Car Class Restrictions|
|ACE||Underage renters can not rent convertibles or SUVs. Also, drivers under 25 may only rent compact through mid size cars in NY state.|
|Alamo||Certain specialty and larger sized vehicles may not be rented to drivers under the age of 25.|
|Avis||Under 25 renters may not rent Full-Size, Minivans, Passenger Vans, Premium SUVs, Signature Series.|
|Budget||Under 25 drivers will not be permitted to rent luxury cars, minivans, 12-passenger vans, specialty vehicles, full-size SUVs, premium SUVs.|
|Dollar||Under 25 vehicle restrictions vary depending on the pick-up location.|
|Enterprise||Compact, Mini, Economy, Mid-size, Standard, some Convertibles and Full-Size cars are allowed to rent for under 25 drivers.|
|FOX||Underage drivers' restrictions strongly depend on the pick-up point.|
|Hertz||Renters under the age of 25 may rent any car except those from the Prestige and Adrenaline collections, and certain specialty vehicles.|
|National||Renters under 25 years of age may rent Compact, Mini, Economy, Mid-size and Full Size cars.|
|NU car rentals||For convertible cars the minimum age for rental is 30 years; for midsize, midsize SUV, standard SUV, Full Size, Full Size SUV, luxury SUV, minivan or trucks the minimum age is 25 years; for premium SUV the minimum age is 24 years.|
|SIXT||Under 25 vehicle restrictions vary depending on the pick-up location.|
|Thrifty||Under 25 drivers are not allowed to rent premium, luxury, SUVs, pickup cars, wagons, prestige cars, minivans, vans, convertibles.|
Car rental under 25 video review in United States
We have a lot of under 25 drivers who are satisfied with our service. Our car rental under 25 customers in the United States usually note the simplicity of the booking process, affordable prices, and problem-free pick-up and return of the vehicle, which brings only positive emotions from their trips.
As proof, watch the video of our happy customers:
🇺🇸 Thrifty Car Rental in Washington DC Reagan Airport [DCA], USA - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 FOX Rent A Car Rental in San Diego Airport [SAN], USA - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 ALAMO Car Rental in San Francisco Airport [SFO], USA - Review of Rental24h.com
🇩🇴 EUROPCAR Car Rental in Santo Domingo Airport [SDQ], Dominican Republic - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 Enterprise Car Rental at Reno-Tahoe International Airport [RNO], NV - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 Dollar Car Rental at Charleston Airport [CHS], SC - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 Dollar Car Rental at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport [SEA], USA - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 THRIFTY Car Rental at Denver International Airport [DEN], USA - Review of Rental24h.com
🇺🇸 Review of Rental24h.com: FOX Rent A Car Car Rental in Miami International Airport [MIA], USA
🇬🇷 AutoUnion Car Rental in Preveza - Aktion Intl. Airport [PVK], Greece - Review of Rental24h.com
🇪🇸 GOLDCAR Car Rental in Barcelona – El Prat Airport [BCN], Spain - Review of Rental24h.com
🇧🇶 CarVenience Car Rental at Kralendijk - Flamingo Airport [BON], Bonaire - Review of Rental24h.com
🇨🇦 Zoom Rent a Car Car Rental in Toronto Pearson Intl Airport [YYZ], Canada - Review of Rental24h.com
🇳🇿 Snap Rentals Car Rental in Queenstown Airport [ZQN], New Zealand - Review of Rental24h.com
🇮🇹 TargetRent Car Rental at Venice Marco Polo Intl Airport [VCE], Italy - Review of Rental24h.com
🇭🇺 GAME Car Rental at Budapest Airport [BUD], Hungary - Review of Rental24h.com
🇨🇿 Budget Car Rental at Prague Airport [PRG], Czech Republic - Review of Rental24h.com
🇪🇸 WIBER Car Rental at Malaga Airport [AGP], Spain - Review of Rental24h.com
FAQ about car rental in America for under 25’s
Which car rental company is the best for under 25 drivers in the USA?
Choosing the best car rental company for drivers under 25 years old should take into account not only the rental price and all additional payments arising but also the rating of the company based on the reviews of our customers. The best-rated rental car companies under 25 in the USA are Alamo (8.6/10), Europcar (8.6/10), and Firefly (8.6/10). Don’t forget to check the rating of your selected agencies in your desired location.
Also, make sure to compare the full cost with all young renter fees and insurance for up-to-date information. Most often, young drivers opt for popular international companies such as Dollar and Sixt. In some locations, they offer car rentals under 25 with the underage fee for as little as $15 per day. Don’t forget to examine if Silvercar is presented in your location. Silvercar (Audiondemand.com) provides car rental under 25 for drivers from 22 to 24 years of age without any additional surcharges.
Your membership in AAA will help you to avoid the extra young driver’s surcharge with Hertz. Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz will be happy to provide you with a car at no extra charge if you are a member of USAA.
If none of the above options worked for you, it is worth checking out large international companies. Having a huge network of offices and a large fleet of cars, they have developed very effective programs for renting cars by various types of drivers, including under 25-year-old renters.
What is the cheapest car rental company under 25 in the USA?
GREEN MOTION is the cheapest rental car company for under 25 drivers. They offer an Compact Nissan Versa in Miami for $6 per day. However, GREEN MOTION applies an additional underage surcharge of $35 per day for 21-24-year-old drivers. This charge is not included in the total rate, but you must pay it at the counter. Be aware that under 25 customers only have access to Economy through Full-Size cars, Minivans and Cargo Vans, Pickup trucks, and Compact to Standard SUVs with a maximum of 5 seats.
How to avoid under 25 car rental fees in the United States?
It can be costly to get a rental car for a driver under 25. This charge takes up a significant portion of the daily cost of the trip. Therefore, avoiding this fee will make your trip much cheaper. Fortunately, there are several ways to waive an underage charge. They are completely legitimate and don’t involve the use of corporate codes or similar tricks. You can find these fee waivers below.
Get a car from Audiondemand.com (Former Silvercar)
Formerly known as Silvercar, the Audiondemand rental car company sits in 30+ major US airport locations. It also provides service at downtown pick-up spots in Miami, New York City, and San Francisco.
Its main feature is a car fleet consisting exclusively of premium silver Audis. Also, the company makes it possible to rent a car for a young driver and doesn't charge an under 25 fee in any of its locations. However, the minimum age to rent from an Audiondemand is 22. As an exception, you can pick up an auto in New York State as young as 18-21, but a $75 per day fee applies.
AAA membership - waive under 25 fee
Members of the American Automobile Association (AAA) can receive multiple perks. These include Hertz bonuses, special discount rates, and the opportunity to waive a young driver fee for 19-24-year-old customers.
So, if you're planning to book a US car hire under 25, get an AAA membership, which currently costs just $4.50 per month. This small payment will help you avoid much larger potential expenses. Please note: you can only benefit from this perk if you are renting from Hertz.
University/alumni association discount code
At many universities, students and staff are granted car rental bonuses through special promo codes. The same goes for their respective alumni associations, whose members receive discounted university rates, unlimited additional drivers, free damage waivers, and can avoid underage fees.
These benefits are available to students and alumni, as well as their parents and staff. Moreover, in most cases, you don’t need to be an active student or staff member to benefit from such a promo code.
You can waive an under 25 car rental fee through a USAA membership. The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a financial company that provides additional services to people employed in the United States Armed Forces and their families. Among the bonuses for eligible drivers are preferred rates and the ability to avoid underage fees when renting a car from Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz.
So, if you're eligible, book under the USAA promo code to get these benefits. Not sure which fee waiver to use? Consider which options are available at certain agencies in the following table.
|Age||Program||Rental Car Company|
|Under 18||Not possible||None|
|18 - 20||USAA||Avis, Budget, Hertz|
|20 - 24||AAA||Hertz|
|21-24||USAA||Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz|
|22-24||without any membership||Silvercar|
Why car rent is more expensive for those under 25 in the U.S.?
Unfortunately, the less driving experience the driver has, the higher is the risk of an accident due to the fact that his experience is insufficient to correctly assess the situation on the road. And even if you are under 25 and you consider yourself an excellent driver, you still have to pay a young renter fee for car rental in America under 25.
According to statistics, drivers under 25 are 25% more likely to participate in accidents. Therefore, to cover the increased risks for vendors, a young driver surcharge was introduced for a short driving experience. And cheap car rental in USA under 25 is hard to find as it is conceived as high risk even if you are sure that you are as good as older drivers.
How to get a cheap rental car under 25 in the USA?
To get the cheapest under 25 car in USA, follow these simple rules:
- Pick up and return a car in the same place.
- Rent a car with the best fuel option for you.
- Be sure to compare all possible surcharges and fees and choose the best option.
- Book your car rental in advance. Rental companies often offer early bird rates.
- If possible, try to avoid additional paid options, such as GPS devices, ski racks, etc.
- Settle all taxes and fees before signing a rental agreement.
- Check if you can qualify for any discounts and bonuses.
- Try not to travel abroad on a rented car to avoid additional fees and charges.
- If you plan to take a long term car rental in USA under 25, make sure you can get any special deals.
Will I have to pay any additional charges when I collect my under 25 rental car in the USA?
With multiple extra charges applied by companies, a cheap car hire in the USA for under 25 might seem impossible to find. Fortunately, most extra charges can be avoided with the right preparation and planning. Below we have listed the additional fees you may encounter, and ways to waive them.
- Drop-off charge. The company applies a drop-off charge if you return the car to a location that is different from your pick-up point. This fee varies by location and distance between collection and drop-off points. If you want to avoid it, return your rental to the same location you picked it up from.
- Additional day fee. Keep in mind that 1 rental day is equal to 24 hours. If you pick up a car at 10 am on Wednesday and return it later than 10 am on Thursday, the company may charge you for an extra day of rental. Stick to the 24-hour rule so you don't overpay.
- Mileage fee. Most cars in the USA come with unlimited miles. However, some companies limit the miles you can drive per day and you will have to pay a surcharge if the limit is exceeded. Therefore, carefully check the mileage policy.
- Licensing fee. In some U.S. states, suppliers may charge extra to recover the costs spent on licensing their cars. Make sure to find out what you are paying for and what is included in the final rate.
- Peak season surcharge. The price of car rental varies significantly throughout the year. If you are traveling during the high season, be prepared to pay a higher rate due to a specific surcharge applied to peak-time deals.
- Insurance fee. Usually, you have basic coverage by default and pay the corresponding insurance fee included in the price. This charge can be even higher when it comes to car insurance for under 25 drivers. Alternatively, you can get protection from a third party to avoid the Insurance surcharge.
- Additional driver fee. You must pay an extra daily fee if you authorize another person to drive your rental car. Be aware that companies like Avis, Enterprise, and Budget allow you to avoid this charge if the additional driver is the renter's spouse or domestic partner.
What types of car rental insurance are available for young drivers under 25 in the USA?
If you plan to rent a car and you are not yet 25 years old, be prepared to arrange your insurance. You can choose from a great variety of types of insurance available in the United States:
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). Your car will be insured against collision and damage to your rental vehicle except for theft. Your liability will be limited by the amount of the deductible.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) - cover in the event of theft or loss of rental car for under 25. Also is known as Theft Insurance (TI) or Theft Protection (TP).
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) is a standard health insurance for accidents. In the event of an accident, the insurance company will cover the medical and treatment expenses of the driver and passengers within a specified amount of money in your contract.
- Third-Party Liability Insurance (TPL) is similar to the Compulsory Third Party (CTP). this type of insurance compensates the costs of damages, expenses related to health or death of third parties caused by your rental car.
- Super CDW (SCDW) or Full Collision Damage Waiver (FDW, FDCW) is also called SuperCover. This option is ideal for USA car rental under 25, as it covers absolutely all types of insurance claims. We recommend using this type of insurance if you just recently got behind the wheel and don't feel very confident while driving.
When buying any type of insurance, do not forget to check not only what will be covered by the insurance company, but also the algorithm of your actions in case of an insured event. You should know what to do if you suddenly had an accident or found a rented car damaged, what your rights and obligations are.
Do I need Collision and Loss Damage Waiver Insurance for under 25 car rental in the United States?
If you are planning to rent a car, be sure to check its insurance conditions. In some countries, it is mandatory and is already included in the car rental rate. In the United States and Canada, you can purchase insurance coverage separately.
If you need car rental under 25 years of age, it may be obligatory. To be sure if you have to buy additional Collision and Loss Damage Waiver Insurance for car rental USA under 25, read rental conditions and your voucher carefully.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) are two similar types of coverage. In case of damage to the rental car, the insurance company will indemnify the damage to the car rental company, you will not pay for it.
By the way, before buying additional insurance, check if this type of insurance is already included in the package of services provided with your credit card. For instance, Visa and Mastercard often include such services when issuing a card.
If you still decide to buy additional coverage, the cost often depends on the vehicle, it can be from $10 to $50 per day. This significantly increases the cost of your car rental. Therefore, check all conditions and insurance conditions before you conclude a contract. Most often, car rental USA no credit card under 25 is impossible, so don’t forget your credit card.
Should I get an International Driving Permit to rent a car under the age of 21 in the USA?
If you plan to get car rental under 25 years old in USA, you may be required to present an International Driving Permit depending on the country where your domestic license was issued. If your driving license is not in the Roman alphabet (i.e. in Arabic, Greek, Cyrillic, or Chinese), you will be required to provide an International Driving Permit and your domestic license to pick up your vehicle. UK license holders need to bring the photocard to collect their rental car under 25 in the USA.
An International Driving Permit is the correct name for what is sometimes called an international driver’s license. In general, it is a translation of your own driving license into 10 most common languages in the world: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, German, Arabic, Italian, Swedish, and Portuguese. It is not a stand-alone document, it is only valid with your original domestic license.
Where can I get an International Driving Permit for car rental driver under 25 in the USA?
Even if you want to get rental car for under 25, you are eligible to receive an International Driving Permit. There are a lot of offers to issue an Internation Driving Permit on the Internet.
However, only two organizations have the right to officially issue such documents:
- AAA (American Automobile Association, Inc.)
- AATA (American Automobile Touring Alliance)
Visit the website of one of these two organizations if you plan to have an International Driving Permit. It is quite inexpensively, at about $20. If you are planning a trip with a rental car, do not forget to check the documents requirements. This will help you avoid misunderstandings on the road.
Can someone else drive my under 25 rental car in the United States?
When you collect a rental car, any additional driver under 25 years old can get behind the wheel if it meets the company’s policy. Suppliers apply the same requirements to the extra driver as to the main one. That is, they must be of legal age, and have a passport and valid driver's license onhand.
Usually, a maximum of 3 extra drivers are allowed with most U.S. agencies. All additional drivers must be present at the counter so that the company’s manager can add them to the agreement. Keep in mind that an additional daily surcharge applies for insuring every driver. As an exception, the spouse or domestic partner of the main renter may be authorized free of charge. You can add an additional driver option at the time of booking or directly at the desk.
How much for one-way car rental under 25 in the USA?
Very often there is a need to rent a car for a trip only one way. Is it possible? Rental24h.com will certainly help with cheap one-way car rental under 25 in USA. One-way car rentals are perfect for:
- trips across the region or country;
- unexpected change of plan;
- delays or cancellations of flights;
- saving time to avoid roundtrips, etc.
What you need to consider when planning a one-way car rental? As a rule, this option will be more expensive, since you will need to pay a one-way car rental fee or “drop fee” for returning the car to the place where you pick it up. This amount usually ranges from $25 to $100 per day depending mainly on the distance between pick-up and return locations.
Can I cross the border of the USA on my under 25 rental car?
If you are car rental USA student under 25 years of age and plan to travel abroad on a rented car, inform the car rental company about your plans and familiarize yourself with possible restrictions.
Most often, the use of car rental under 25 years old is intended for the continental part. At the same time, traveling on your rental car by rail or ferry is most often prohibited
If you plan to cross the Canadian border, most likely there will be no problems. Find out in advance if additional insurance is needed.
Most of the car rental companies don’t allow to cross the border with Mexico on their US rental vehicles. For drivers aged 21-25, such permission can be obtained, but it will be associated with additional costs for Mexican insurance.
At the same time, there is Mexican Law that prohibits Mexican citizens to drive US-owned cars in Mexico. Any violation of this regulations will result in fines and penalties.
Can I pay for my under 25 rental car reservation with a debit card in USA?
You can book under 25 car rental with debit car on Rental24h.com. You can use any card, including debit, to pay for online reservations. But when collecting your vehicle, you still need a credit card issued in your name to secure payments that may occur after the car is returned.