What is electric car rental?
Electric car rental is a vehicle driven by one or more electric motors. Moreover, the electric motor can act as the only, primary or secondary way to move the wheels. Depending on this, electric cars are divided into 3 groups:
- It has an electric motor paired with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Electric vehicle car rental allows you to expect a quiet, easy, and environment-friendly ride while saving up to 80% of total fuel cost.
- It uses an internal combustion engine (ICE) as the primary way to drive the wheels with the addition of an electric motor and a non-rechargeable battery as an auxiliary power resource.
- The hybrid car features reduced fuel consumption along with reduced CO₂ emissions.
- It allows you to drive about 50-60 km on an electric motor powered by a rechargeable li-ion battery.
- Plug-in hybrids switch to the internal combustion engine when the battery is empty.
- A plug-in hybrid electric vehicle provides improved fuel economy performance compared with hybrid vehicles.
Why rent electric cars?
With electric and hybrid car rental, you have many advantages over drivers of conventional cars. Here are the most significant benefits you get when renting an electric vehicle:
- You spend 70-80% less money on fuel than if you travel in petrol- or diesel-powered vehicles.
- You are helping to make our planet cleaner by driving a zero-emission car.
- You enjoy free parking for electric cars, as well as free access to low emission zones in many cities worldwide.
- You use the most innovative security systems, communication technologies, and infotainment features available in the modern world.
Electric rental car models
Our fleet car rental electric vehicle in the USA includes several excellent models - Nissan Leaf Electric and Toyota Prius Hybrid. They are leaders in the American electric car rental segment due to their excellent driving dynamics, convenience, and good money saving. Plus, they are very affordable in terms of rental price. Therefore, each of them will be a great choice for your particular needs. Let's take a closer look at each of these cars:
Most popular electric car rental models in the USA
|Nissan Leaf Electric||Toyota Prius Hybrid|
from $40 per day
Equipped with a 40 kWh lithium-ion battery, Nissan Leaf can travel nearly 150 miles without charging. To fully charge it, you will need about 12 hours by using a regular outlet, about 8 hours with a commercial charger, and half an hour with a DC Fast Charger.
The car will easily satisfy your travel goals related to driving mainly in and around the city. Low charging costs allow you to count on a truly budget trip.
from $80 per day
With the Prius, you get the best Toyota electric car rental. Since this is a hybrid vehicle, you won't need to worry about finding a charging spot. However, this is still an electric car, and you can fully charge it in 2 hours from a 240-volt public power outlet. The vehicle can travel electrically for a maximum of 2 miles, but saves about 30% of fuel when used in conjunction with an internal combustion engine.
A rather spacious interior of the car along with excellent fuel efficiency are the main reasons for its immense popularity.
On our website, you also have access to Tesla, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, and BMW electric car rental deals in many dedicated locations. This expands your selection among a huge number of models, thus making it easier and faster. Check out the most popular electric vehicles available at Rental 24H.com and book an electric car rental for your next vacation!
Renault Twizy Electric
Tesla Model X
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Renault Zoe Electric
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Tesla Model S
Audi e-tron Electric
Toyota Yaris Hybrid
Toyota Auris Hybrid
BMW X5 Hybrid
Top Electric car hire locations in USA
Want to pick up a practical city electric car rental for easy getting in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, or San Diego? No problem. You have a variety of locations throughout the United States to choose from. They cover all major destinations, allowing you to book your car in the right place.
What’s more, our pickup points include not only big cities, but less popular areas as well. Therefore, you can also easily find a great electric car rental cross country for hassle-free driving on the highways or in more difficult road conditions.
Whether you need a Nevada, Florida, or California electric rental car, we are ready to provide you the car exactly where you want. If you don't know where to pick up a car yet, check the list of our electric car rental locations and find the best place to start your road trip!
Where to rent an electric car near me?
RENTAL24H.com Android and iOS car rental apps are the best places to find an electric rental car near me. Choose from two programs, depending on the operating system installed on your smartphone, and you will be happy to make a reservation in just 3 steps:
SELECT “USE CURRENT LOCATION”
This is the very first thing to do in order to find an electric car rental near me. Then, enter the dates to pick up and drop off your vehicle. The app will search for rental cars in the pick-up locations closest to you. Remember an important thing: allow the RENTAL24H app to access your location in the Settings of your smartphone to use this option.
BROWSE THROUGH SEARCH RESULTS
After the search results appear, filter them by “Car Specifications”. To do this, you need to check the box next to the hybrid or electric car rental lines. Then, inspect all the available deals found in nearby locations and compare them by additional parameters.
BOOK YOUR PERFECT ELECTRIC CAR RENTAL
Confirm your choice by tapping on the car you like. Next, select additional options that may be useful to you (child seat, additional driver, full insurance). Enter your personal and payment information and confirm your booking.
How much does it cost to rent electric car rental?
The average electric car rental cost in the USA is $70 per day. You can also pick up a car that is cheaper or more expensive. There are several factors that affect the price:
- Car rental company. The pricing policy of a particular provider is what sets the rental rate. Therefore, it’s obvious that similar rental car electric vehicles may have different prices.
- Location. Very often, rental cars at the airport are more expensive than the same models in the city office, or vice versa. Thus, check out neighboring locations to get the lowest price guaranteed.
- Rental period. The longer the rental period, the lower the daily electric car rental price. As a rule, weekly rentals are more affordable than 5-day deals, even in terms of the total cost.
- Seasonal factor. Low season is the best chance to pick up a cheap electric car rental when you can enjoy the price of only $40 per day. In high season, the price rises significantly, reaching even $130 per day. Usually, the high season is from June till August, while the low season is from November till February, and the mid-season is September and October, as well as March, April, and May. Note that all major holidays and school holidays are also considered to be high season.
Which car rental companies have electric cars?
Choosing the right electric rental car company plays a very important role in the success of your trip because each provider has its own advantages. Fortunately, you have a wide range of options. In the list of rental companies offering electric car rentals, you will find both major international providers and regional agencies. Among them are Alamo, Europcar, Sixt, National, Enterprise, Hertz, Dollar, Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Ez, Payless, Advantage.
Navigation on Rental24H.com doesn’t cause any worries - you go to the website, specify the place to pick up exotic sports car rental, and the dates when you need it. After that, you will see a list of available offers that you can filter, thereby simplifying the search process. It will also be a suitable solution in case you are looking for a car from a specific provider.
On our website, you only have access to the best and most reliable electric car rental companies, promising you an easy and hassle-free rental experience. The table below gathers all available agencies. Check them out and choose the best electric vehicle rental car company for your upcoming trip:
If you still don’t know which company to choose, check the top electric car rental providers, their fleet, prices, and age limits.
In general, you can pick up an electric car rental Hertz from 21 years old throughout the United States. However, this only applies to the full-size Ford Fusion Hybrid and the standard Toyota Prius Hybrid. Tesla Model S belongs to the Dream Cars category and requires a minimum age of 25 years of age as it’s a high-value vehicle. The Hertz electric car rental price starts from $90 per day for Toyota Prius Hybrid.
Enterprise rent electric car rental is allowed from the age of 21. Available models include the full-electric Intermediate Nissan Leaf and Luxury Tesla Model S, as well as the Full-Size Ford Fusion Hybrid and Standard Toyota Prius Hybrid.
The best price for an Enterprise electric car rental starts from $40 per day. However, Enterprise car rental electric vehicle cost also depends on the location. Therefore, check the availability on our website.
Avis electric car rental fleet includes Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius Hybrid. You must be at least 21 years old to pick up a Nissan Leaf or Toyota Prius Hybrid. As for the price, you will pay about $60 per day for Nissan Leaf or Toyota Prius.
The list of National car rental electric cars in the USA has such models as Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius Hybrid. You can rent any of them at the age of 21. The price for each car is very affordable starting from $60 per day for an electric or hybrid vehicle.
Toyota Prius Hybrid and Nissan Leaf Electric are the models you can pick up from Sixt. The minimum age to enjoy Sixt electric car rental is 21, while the average rental price starts from $50 per day.
Nissan Leaf Electric and Toyota Prius Hybrid are the most popular Dollar rental electric car vehicles in the company's fleet. Each of them will cost you from $40 per day. The minimum age to pick up an electric car from Dollar is 21.
How to rent an electric car with Rental24H.com?
Electric vehicles car rental booking on Rental24H.com is much easier and faster than you expect. Use our innovative search and comparison engine to find the best electric rental car in just a few steps:
- Select the desired pickup location. If necessary, use the one-way option by choosing a different drop-off point.
- Specify the start and end dates of your trip
- Click the search button and wait a few seconds for the results.
- Apply the “Car Specifications” filter by checking the “Electric” and/or “Hybrid” boxes. This will sort the electric and hybrid car rental deals.
- Choose the car that suits you best.
- Enter the personal details of the main driver and payment information.
- Confirm your booking.
- Prepare the necessary documents and pick up an electric car at your selected location.
Can I rent an electric car with a debit card in the USA?
Yes, you can, but the list of companies providing hybrid or electric car rental with a debit card is limited. Despite the certain difficulties that arise for debit card holders, we are ready to arrange excellent electric car rental deals in some locations. The main thing is that your debit card meets the terms and conditions of the car rental company you choose. Remember that cash, prepaid cards, and gift cards are never accepted for car rental.
For your convenience, on our website, you can sort the companies that are ready to provide a rental electric car with a debit card. Use the “Cards accepted at pick-up” filter by checking the “Both Credit and Debit Cards” box.
How to get a cheap electric car rental in the USA?
Finding a rental for the best electric car at a cheap price is possible despite the increased demand for such vehicles. You just need to follow some tips
- Book a car at least 1-3 weeks before pickup to get the best electric car rental price.
- Search for cars in off-airport locations as prices are usually more affordable there.
- Look for electric car rental unlimited mileage included in the deal.
- Pick up a car for a longer period to get the best price for every single rental day.
- If you are looking for a 20 year old car rental electric car, pay attention to not only car rental price but also the amount of underage fee
- Compare similar rental car electric deals from different providers.
- Bear in mind the one-way rentals and border crossing always imply additional costs.
- Take advantage of promotions and discounts.