Why rent a 6 seater car?
Each time you are going on a family road trip, the issue of car spaciousness is of top-priority importance. How to ensure sufficient comfort for all passengers? Where to put a lot of bags with clothes, groceries, and other personal items?
Rental car 6 seater is the best solution to the problem! This vehicle class features a spacious cabin, providing enough legroom, while a large trunk will allow you to take everything you need on the road. At Rental24H.com you will find an extensive selection of vans and SUVs 6 seater cars rental for any purpose. Whether you travel with children or have a business trip with colleagues, we will find you the best 6-seat option.
What do you get with a six-seater car rental?
- Enough room for 6 passengers;
- Plenty of space for your suitcases;
- Big but maneuverable car for the whole family.
All these features allow you to count on an excellent ride free from cramped and uncomfortable conditions. This guarantees a vivid travel experience and a great mood.
Finally, read when to rent 6 seater car is the best decision:
- You have a big trip with your family or friends/business colleagues;
- The number of passengers is more than 5 persons, or tall people travel with you;
- You want to fit bulky baggage in the car;
- You just need a reliable, roomy, and cheap vehicle.
What is a 6-seater car rental class?
The main criterion for this vehicle class is the presence of an additional third row of seats. More space in the interior - more comfort for everyone. As a result, you will enjoy a comfortable ride, fully committed to positive experiences.
Another big advantage of 6 seater cars for rent is the flexibility in the positioning of the seats: you can move, tilt or lower them, thereby creating extra room.
Available cars with 6 seats at Rental24H.com include van, SUV, and minivan rental 6 seater vehicles, which will allow you to choose the best option for specific travel tasks. In addition, the list of models represented in our fleet will amaze the most sophisticated car enthusiasts. Among them are:
6 seater SUV rental
|Nissan X-Trail (5+2)||
6 seater van rental
|Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (5+2)||
|Ford S-Max (5+2)||
|Peugeot 5008 (5+2)||
|Volkswagen Touran (5+2)||
If you need a spacious car for country roads, the SUV 6 seater rental with increased ground clearance and off-road capabilities will perfectly satisfy true adventure seekers. Also, on our website, you may pick up reliable and nice-looking rental vans 6 seater. Such a vehicle will provide a smooth ride on the highway and stable driving in any situation at the same time.
Whatever car you need, we are always ready to provide the perfect option. In case you are planning a trip and want to explore some good offers, check the table for car rental 6 seater deals above. Also, you can fill out our search form for more vehicles.
How much luggage fits in a 6 seater rental car?
The roomy luggage space is one of the characteristics of a 6 seater rental car. That is, you are guaranteed to get a trunk volume of 300-450 liters, which is equivalent to 6-8 small bags or 2-3 large suitcases.
How many seats in a 6 seater rental?
Most often, a rental car for 6 passengers means a 6- or 7-seater vehicle with a 2-2-2 or 2-3-2 seat configuration. However, there are also 8-seater minivans.
Keep in mind that the 3rd row of seats is sometimes not suitable for tall people, depending on the model. If you want even more seating space, consider passenger vans.
How many MPG for a 6 seater rental car?
Popular 6-seaters such as Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, Ford S-Max, or Peugeot 5008 have an MPG rating between 24 and 30. MPG of large and heavy SUVs six-seater cars for rent with 4x4 capabilities are usually 18-20 mpg.
Seat Alhambra and Volkswagen Touran are some of the most fuel-efficient models with 34.7 and 42.7 mpg, respectively
Where to rent a 6 seater car rental in the United States?
If you have already decided on the route of your upcoming trip, then there’s nothing to wait, because it’s possible to rent a six-seater car almost anywhere in the USA. Texas, Oklahoma, New York, Florida, or Minnesota...the potential geography of your road trip has no limits.
A huge number of high-quality cars are waiting for you in thousands of pickup points - all you need to do is to select the desired location. Even if your goal is to find 6 seater van rental near me, you will probably be in luck since the density of car rental locations in the USA is quite large and it’s not necessary to travel far for your vehicle.
Below you can inspect the entire list of 6 seater car rental locations on the U.S. territory, and make the reservation right away:
Which rental car companies have 6 seaters for rental?
Choosing the right provider is very important as it directly affects the quality of the services you receive. In the USA, most companies have 6 seaters in their fleets, so getting a reliable and cheap 6 seater rental is actually easier than you might expect. At Rental24H.com, you have the opportunity to check all available agencies at once, compare their price offers, and make the final choice.
Want to rent a car 6 seater from a specific company? Here is the list of car rental companies that provide 6 seater cars in the USA:
How much is it to rent a six-seater car in the USA?
Obviously, each supplier, be it Thrifty, Alamo, Sixt, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Budget, or Green Motion, sets a unique price for their rental vehicles. Despite this, there’re some average rates – usually, the price of 6 seater cars rental in the USA is between $70 and $80 per day.
If you manage to catch seasonal discounts, then you can enjoy a nice price of $40 per day, but during a period of high demand, the price may even rise to $130 per day.
Want to lower your price as much as possible? The following little tricks will help you pick up a rental car for 6 passengers much cheaper:
- Prefer early booking. Remember the rule: the closer the travel date, the higher the price of the car, and vice versa. Therefore, the optimal booking period is a few weeks before the trip, when the prices are the most budget and the choice of cars is still wide.
- Avoid holidays and weekends when planning your travel dates. A period of high demand, namely weekends and holidays, is the ideal time for companies to raise their car rental prices. Proceed in the opposite way, choosing weekdays for your trip in order to get a car rental 6 seater at a reasonable price.
- Check out alternative locations. Are you planning to pick up a car immediately after landing at the airport? Think twice because it will cost you money. Airport-based pickup points are more expensive than urban locations in terms of car rental costs. Check if it might be worth taking a taxi and picking up a vehicle a little later, but much cheaper.
- Don't use the one-way option. You can geographically diversify your trip by picking up a 6 seater car hire in one place and returning to another. Yes, it's convenient and yes, it's expensive. Choose the pick-up and drop-off location to be the same not to overpay.
- Avoid too short road trips. The duration of the trip has an impact on the price of car rental: the more days you travel, the less the price of each day you use the car. It’s very likely that the total rental price for 5-6 days may be higher than a weekly rental.
- Pick up a car that you really need. If you just need a roomy car, then why pay more - your choice is a 6 or 7-seater minivan. Naturally, a 6 seater SUV for rent will cost more than a minivan due to the off-road capabilities and other related options.
- Don't prepay fuel. Your 6 seater car rental usually comes with a full tank of fuel onboard, but how it’s paid matters. You can pay for it in advance, but the company won’t return your money for unused fuel. Therefore, avoid the prepaid gas option so as not to increase the final rate.
- Pay attention to age. For each car rental provider, a young driver is an additional risk, thus vehicles for such renters will cost more. It will be good if a friend who is at least 25 years old and who has a driver's license will travel with you.
- Refuse unnecessary additional options. Typically, company employees usually try to sell you various optional extras in addition to your six-seater car rental. Don't buy the ones you really don't need.
Is it cheaper to rent a 6 seater van or SUV in the USA?
SUV models are usually more expensive than minivans due to their unique off-road characteristics. However, it may be vice versa: for example, when it comes to luxury 6 seater van rental. If a low price is your goal, then a 6- or 7-seat minivan will be the most acceptable option.
How old do you have to be to rent a 6 seater car in the USA?
The age policies of most companies say that you can’t enjoy 6 seater car rental unless you have reached the minimum age of 23. Moreover, some providers are not ready to provide you with a vehicle of this class if you are under 25 years old. This is due to the increased risks associated with driving a car by young and inexperienced drivers.
There’s good news for those who are going to rent a 6 seater car in the states of New York or Michigan, whose legislatures have a more loyal age policy towards renters:
- The minimum age of 18 in all MI and NY locations;
- As a consequence, drivers under 25 are required to pay a daily young driver fee, which is $20-73 in New York and $25-48 in Michigan.
To avoid unexpected situations when booking a car rental six-seater on our website, check the age limits for a particular model specified in Rental Conditions.
How to rent a 6 seater car rental in the USA with Rental24H.com?
The process of reserving a car on our website is fast and simple. Follow this step by step guide to choose a quality, reliable, and cheap six-seater rental in just a few clicks:
- Select a location where you want to start your trip;
- Highlight the rental period by specifying the start and end dates;
- Click the ‘Search’ button;
- Sort the search results by scrolling to the right at the top of the page and click on the “Minivan” category of cars or apply the filter to get the cars for 6+ passengers;
- As a result, you will get a complete list of 6 seater rental cars;
- Choose a 6 seater car you like the most;
- Review the rental conditions, enter the personal and payment information of the main driver;
- Confirm your booking.
Which 6 seater vehicle is best for rental cars?
A good rental car for 6 passengers means it meets all the requirements of convenience, safety, and practicality. However, among the many similar cars, it’s very difficult to make the right choice, especially if you are looking for a six-seater car rental for your road trip for the first time.
To simplify the choice, we have selected several successful models that have already won the trust of travelers. They include both van and SUV 6 seater car rental vehicles:
Best 6 seater rental car - vans
- Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (5+2)
- Ford S-Max (5+2)
- Volkswagen Touran (5+2)
- Peugeot 5008 (5+2)
Best 6 seater rental car - SUVs
- Ford Flex
- Chevrolet Traverse
- GMC Acadia
- Ford Expedition
How much is a 6 seater car rental deposit in the USA?
Like any other rental vehicles, 6 seater cars for rental require a deposit. It’s a so-called guarantee that you will compensate for chips, scratches, damage to the car, or possible fines received during the trip. Its amount depends on the company, on the location and class of the car and can vary from $200 to $2,000.
Of course, the amount also varies between different six-seater rental cars, as it can be either a luxury minivan or a large SUV. In general, the more expensive the car’s market value, the higher the deposit.
The deposit is not charged from the bank card but is frozen on it, that is, this money will be temporarily unavailable. You can use them again after dropping off the car. The procedure for activating this amount can take up to 14 days.
Can I rent a 6 seater with a debit card in the USA?
A credit card gives you the green light when you reserve a car in the United States. As for the debit card, it can also be used to book 6 seater cars rental, but only in certain locations and subject to certain restrictions.
In any case, please remember that gift cards, prepaid cards, and cash are not accepted. Look for more information in the rental conditions of a particular supplier.
Can I get a rental car for 6 passengers with unlimited mileage?
Most international providers in the USA don’t tend to limit the mileage of their rental vehicles. Therefore, 6 seater rental unlimited mileage is what you usually get when booking a car on our website. Check carefully, as sometimes it only concerns the compact, economy, and standard cars.
What equipment do rental cars 6 seaters have?
Modern equipment makes road travel easier, providing additional comfort for each of the six passengers. If necessary, you can add the following optional extras to your car rental 6 seater booking:
- Baby seat for all ages;
- Satellite navigation device;
- Ski rack;
- Winter tires, etc.
What does it mean to rent a 6 seater or similar?
When you search for rental cars near me 6 seater, get prepared to see a different brand or model of the vehicle that was on the booking page. This is not a mistake, because the provider doesn’t promise to provide you exclusively with the car that you have reserved, but is obliged to prepare a similar car for you.
What does a similar car mean? According to “ACRISS” (Association of Car Rental Industry Systems Standards), each vehicle has a unique 4-letter code. They characterize the class of the car (mini, standard, etc.), its type and number of doors (wagon, 4-door, etc.), the type of transmission, as well as specific features, such as the type of fuel or the presence of an air conditioner.
Based on this, several 6 seater rental vehicles at once can correspond to a single code, and this means you will receive one of these cars. For instance, using an ACRISS code, a Ford Flex with automatic gears and air conditioning that uses Unspecified Fuel would have the code FFAR. As the code has no specific marker for the precise make or model of a car, a Chevrolet Traverse, Chevrolet Tahoe, or Ford Expedition will also have an FFAR code, as long as they also have an automatic transmission, air conditioning and use unspecified fuel.
So every time you book a cheap six seater car rental, keep in mind what other vehicles may be provided to you. If you still need a specific 6 seater car hire, look for deals labeled ‘Guaranteed Car Model’.
How to get a cheap 6 seater car rental in the USA?
The low cost can be a nice addition to a successful trip. Fortunately, you don't have to wait for a six seater cars cheap rental offers because there’re several ways to get a great deal right now:
- Look for budget deals 1-2 weeks before the pick-up date.
- Try to find a cheap rental car for 6 seater not only at the airport but also in neighboring locations.
- Compare prices if several providers have the right car for 6 passengers.
- Avoid one-way options to pick up 6 seater car rental for cheap.