Being under 25 (21-24 years old) you have to get acquainted with several restrictions applied to young Denver drivers. So, in case you want to rent a car, be sure to indicate that you need the additional service of a young driver. Just add the insurance service of an immature driver to your application.
Even if your country/state allows you to drive a rented car being underage, in Denver, Colorado, the laws are stricter. Here you’ll have to pay a surcharge of up to $25 daily. This is a mandatory rule for all the presented companies.
To leverage Denver car rentals under 25, you have to get an international permit in case your driver’s license is issued in a language other than English (your name isn’t indicated in Latin letters). With this permit, you can drive throughout the whole Colorado state without any restrictions.
Young driver fee in Denver
So what exact amount should one pay? The average Denver car rental under 25 charges from $15.99 to $40.99. The sum for your extra fee will depend on several factors:
- car rental period,
- class and category of a car,
- driving experience and skills.
Therefore, it is recommended to check the main vendors’ conditions before booking. Unfortunately, in each case, these may differ due to the above factors. Of course, we also indicate all the needed info below, but for your confidence, it would be better to double-check it. You may be surprised to find a car rental in Denver with no under 25 fee.
Now let’s discover how much you should pay at each particular company! (Note: the majority of the companies offer only Economy, Compact, Standard, Full-size cars, and SUVs for inexperienced drivers).
Car rental companies for drivers aged 18-20
- NU. The starting threshold is 18 years old. The standard rental age for this region is 25-70. The youngest permissible age is 18-24. Accordingly, 21-24-year-olds pay $9.95 while younger drivers pay $19.95.
- Fox. At Fox, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 19. The extra fee is not that high as well – $20-25.
- Dollar. You must be at least 20 years old. Also, be prepared for a $29/day fee. The total sum is paid once per rental.
Rental car agencies for drivers aged 21+
- Ace. Underage clients should be ready for a $20-per-day fee. But you will be offered a discount if you are a USAA or AAA member.
- Alamo. The minimum age here is 21, too. Your surcharge will be $20 per day.
- Payless. Here the young driver surcharge is paid per driver. Payless asks for an extra fee of $40. This sum is also applicable for inexperienced drivers (under 2 years).
- Routes. With a surcharge of up to $24.99 you can rent Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, Full-Sized Cars, Minivans, and SUVs up to a Standard-Size.
- SIXT. The under 25 car rental fee in Denver for clients of SIXT is $25-30. However, you can take advantage of a 25% student discount if you are 21+.
- Thrifty. Another car rental that offers its services only to drivers older than 21 and charges an underage fee of $27 per day. One of its restrictions includes a ban on renting specialty vehicles like StyleSeries.
Providers with AAA and USAA membership discount
- Hertz. To rent a vehicle you have to be at least 21. The Hertz car rental under 21 fee is below the industry level: it is only $19 per rental day. Cars from Economy to Full-Size classes are at your disposal.
- National. As with the above solutions, you have to be at least 21 to leverage this Denver, Colorado car rental under 25 service. The extra cost will be $25/day excluding taxes.
- Avis. You have to be at least 21. Clients willing to rent a car in Denver under 25 will be automatically registered for a $27-per-day underage fee.
- Budget. The minimum age is 21. When using this service, you will pay a $27 underage fee, as with Avis. Young drivers can choose from the following car classes: Economy, Compact, Intermediate/midsize, Standard, Full-size, Premium, Intermediate/midsize SUVs, Standard SUVs, and Convertibles.
- Enterprise. All the options available for the age group of 21+ years old are Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, and Full-Size cars, Cargo vans, and Minivans; Pickup Trucks; Compact SUVs, Small SUVs, and Standard SUVs (no more than 5 passengers). The average underage fee is $25.
Why are insurance rates higher for drivers under 25?
As you can see, it’s impossible to find a car rental without an under 25 fee, since young drivers are considered less reliable than adult ones. On top of that, many car rentals at Denver airport under 25 are obliged to ask customers for full insurance. In doing so, companies feel safe regarding:
- damage to vehicles,
- recovery from collisions,
- mechanical damage.
At the same time, clients of car rental Denver Colorado under 25 also get their perks: insured health and reimbursement if your chosen vendor misses something.
Indeed, there are cases when an under 25 car rental in Denver confuses the pickup time. If this happens to you – request compensation. However, be sure to check this point in your contract before signing.
Nevertheless, any car rental at Denver airport under 25 we mentioned above is a safe and quality service that has proven itself through years of top-notch work!
Get your car for hire in no time!
Decided to rent a car under 25? Found out that all the solutions in Denver are too expensive? Take advantage of our best car rental deals aggregator!
Specify your budget and requirements, and our algorithms will come up with the most affordable yet quality service for your particular case.
Forget about hours spent searching for a car rental under 25 Denver. All you have been seeking for so long is here.
Our website is so convenient that tourists pick up and book their cars right on the go. Check out Rental24H.com reviews for added confidence in our service.
Close millions of tabs, open our website and fill out the search form. Your dream car already awaits you in DEN!