The Wrangler is a family of cars that have earned special treatment from the Jeep brand owners and all SUV lovers. Over the years of its existence, it has evolved, but at the same time retained the characteristic appearance, as well as the qualities that made it so popular. This is high versatility, reliability, and almost absolute cross. Today no one asks why to rent a Jeep for an off-road trip.
What vehicle class is a Jeep Wrangler?
It is an SUV that has a variety of modifications in its lineup. So, today, Jeep Wrangler rental companies offer two types of this car: Jeep Wrangler TJ and Jeep Wrangler JK.
Jeep Wrangler JK
In case you are going to rent a Jeep Wrangler JK, you should know that this is a completely redesigned version of TJ with a frame structure. Options proposed at the rental car Jeep Wrangler services are as follows:
- Compact SUV (2-door)
- Mid-size SUV (4-door)
The 2018 JK Wrangler models:
- Freedom Edition – This configuration features premium off-road roof rails, off-road steel bumpers, leather-trimmed seats, 115V auxiliary outlet, and reinforced suspension with gas shock absorbers.
- Willys Wheeler and Willys Wheeler W. This configuration combined 17″ gloss black Rubicon wheels with BFGoodrich mud coating. 3.73 gearing will give you better off-road performance than other model configurations.
- Sport – Basic and economical model. Features: manual power windows, 16″ steel wheels. Suitable option for harsh environments.
- Sport S – Leather-wrapped steering wheel with speed controls, 17″ aluminum wheels, side steps, sun-protected windows.
- Rubicon, Rubicon Recon – Rubicon is ready to overcome any obstacles on the ground. It features a Rock-Trac 4×4 system, 4.10 gears, and front and rear Tru-Lok locking differentials. The Rubicon Recon features 17-inch Granite Crystal wheels, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM tires, and steel bumpers with a winch.
- Sahara – It is the main product of the Jeep brand. In the standard version, the model has a five-speed manual gearbox with a gear ratio of 3.21. There are also automatic models.
- Altitude – This is a limited edition model with 18-inch polished black wheels and is easily recognizable by its bulging hood.
These models have a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine producing 285 horsepower with 260 lb-ft of torque. They are equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.
After the modernization, the Jeep Wrangler rental car got stability and traction control systems, as well as an all-wheel drive transmission.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Wrangler TJ is an SUV with an engine of 2,5, 4, and 4,2 L and a five-speed manual or three-speed automatic transmission. The car was designed to drive on asphalt and off-road. It has a wide wheel track and an enlarged windshield. The designers decided to make the headlights square, later this decision was rebranded.
The car is available in the following body styles:
- 2-door convertible
- 2-door SUV
It is presented in the following models:
Sport and Sport Unlimited is the basic equipment, until 2009 it was called Wrangler X. The car has an additional option – air conditioning.
Sport S and Sport S Unlimited – as standard there is air conditioning, 17×7.5 inch aluminum wheels, and additional options are also open.
Sahara and Sahara Unlimited – this version already has a central lock and electric windows.
Rubicon and Rubicon Unlimited – a car for off-road lovers. It has 32″ BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM wheels with 17″ alloys. Fans of this type of Jeep also appreciate its reinforced suspension dampers and stability stabilizers.
What cars are similar to Jeep Wrangler for rent?
This car model’s class isn’t unique so your chosen car rental Jeep Wrangler company may offer you a similar compact or mid-size four-wheel-drive off-road SUV. You can get one of the following models:
- Jeep Compass
- Jeep Cherokee
- Jeep Renegade
- Jeep Patriot
- Ford Escape
- Nissan Rogue
- Toyota RAV4
- Mazda CX-5
- Subaru Outback
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Kia Sportage
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
- Subaru Crosstrek
- Subaru Forester
- Hyundai Kona
- Honda HR-V
Upgraded SUV models
If the agency isn’t able to provide a rental Jeep Wrangler or another compact SUV, you’ll be offered an upgrade to a higher class for free. Thus you’ll have a standard or a full-size SUV rental model.
The main difference between these vehicle classes lies in their size, ride height, mileage, seating position, and so on. For example, a full-size SUV has up to seven seats, while compact ones are generally a five-seater class. Moreover, big vehicles are less fuel efficient which consequently will cost you even more than renting a Jeep Wrangler you initially wanted. Check out the list of potential SUV candidates to replace your request:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Ford Edge
- Dodge Journey
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Chevrolet Equinox
- GMC Terrain
- Kia Sorento
- Toyota 4Runner
- Mazda CX-9
- Toyota Highlander
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Nissan Murano
- Honda CR-V
- Buick Envision
How to rent Jeep Wrangler?
To find a Jeep Wrangler rental car, fill out the search form at Rental24H.com. Then, find an offer of Jeep Wrangler rental with a “Guaranteed Car Model” sign. You’ll get exactly the model you picked.
If you choose a car with a proposed car rental “Jeep Wrangler or similar” note, the agency can give you another model for rent. So you should notice it if you want only a Jeep Wrangler.
Best place to find affordable Jeep Wrangler for rent
Feel like Jeep Wrangler is the only puzzle left to supplement the trip of your dreams? No wonder! This vehicle is the actual off-road king:
- improved off-road capability,
- perfect gearbox (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic),
- innovative systems (touch-sensitive entertainment and information system, parking sensors, blind spot monitoring).
Who would refuse a road trip with this car? And, where to rent a 4×4 SUV at an affordable price? Look no further than Rental24H.com. The ease of search and a wide variety of offers let you find the cheapest price for a full-size SUV at LAX Airport and any other US airport. All you need for a successful road trip is gathered in one place.